domingo, junho 19, 2005


Whistler, James
Nocturne in Black and Gold: The Falling Rocket, 1875
Detroit Institute of Arts

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
."

"Tivesse eu os tecidos bordados dos céus,
Envoltos na luz de prata e ouro,
Os tecidos azuis e foscos e de breu
Que têm a noite, a luz e a meia-luz
Derramaria esses tecidos a teus pés:
Mas eu, sendo pobre, apenas tenho os meus sonhos;
Derramaria os meus sonhos a teus pés;
Pisa com suavidade, porque pisas os meus sonhos
."

W.B. YEATS


NE: Peço, desde já, desculpa pela tradução.